Sunday, January 27, 2013

An appeal letter to the Hon'ble Chief Justice of Bhutan


To
His Excellency the Chief Justice of Bhutan
Supreme Court, 
Thimphu
                                                                                                                                         8th Oct. 2012                                                                
Your Lordship,

Sub: Judiciary the backbone of Democracy

Most humbly I submit herewith copies of submissions I have made to His Majesty the King and His Excellency the Prime Minister. I do not seek help or favour but I do want to express that I have always exercised a strong faith in the Institution of The Monarchy and the Judicial System on the whole: Maybe because I have closely witnessed so many products of Royal wisdom of their Majesties the Kings and in the case of Judiciary, it maybe because I have known Your Lordship and have studied your stewardship of the Judicial System under the guidance of our Kings.

I am disturbed by the doings of RBP and OAG in regards to this case brought about by Dasho Ugen Tsechup Dorji. If Dasho approached the Judiciary directly, it is his right as a citizen but RBP and OAG is doing his bidding. And in the Miscellaneous/Preliminary Hearing by the Chief Judge of Thimphu District Court on 5th October, 2012, the Hon’ble Judge appeared most neutral and correct. However the male court officer ( there were two ladies and one gentleman court officers present ) would not even allow me to complete my submission after the lawyer of OAG made her Charges uninterrupted. It seems that the court official, who actually processes the cases for the Drangpon, may have already been well briefed by some forces. So the case of OAG against me has been admitted and referred to Bench III without me, the defendant, not even getting 60 seconds of uninterrupted time to make my submission. It is quite disturbing to be gagged from the onset of the case. However I still hope that at the end of the haul, the light of the true justice still shines bravely.

I take this opportunity to wish Your Lordship every wisdom and perseverance in your effort to raise the confidence and trust of the Nation, the King and the People and the world at large in the just and noble Judicial System of Bhutan.

Most Humbly


      Sd/-


Wangcha Sangey

Copy to:
1.  His Excellency the Prime Minister of Bhutan.
2. Hon’ble Secretary, His Majesty’s Royal Secretariat, Tashichhodzong
3. Hon’ble Chief Judge, Royal Court of Justice, Thimphu Dzongkhag, Thimphu.  

No comments:

Post a Comment