Monday, July 15, 2019

Never doubt Faith. But curiosity raises questions.

Faith is miraculous for its single minded trust. It should not be questioned but for curiosity of the human mind.

I am deeply religious though deviate much from paths taken by other religious people. I am not a spiritual person like those who attend so many riligious events and even are part of sponsoring committees. I just  trust in the goodness and the  power of the unknown to help me to tide over obsticles in order to preserve home harmony and health. And at times seeking the courage to accept and tide over what naure, man made and vicious laws mandate.  Maybe this kind of faith in the unknown  came about because I had to do my own battles like most kids without backups.

I am a born Buddhist but I do respects the goodness of other religions. Only I draw a line between faith and imagination. And that may trouble so many who are ardent believers of imaginations.

1. I do not belive that Buddha was born from the arm pit or from in-between ribs of his mother or that he took seven steps upon birth. If Lord Buddha really desired for human beings to believe that an ordinary person can attain Buddhahood then he had to follow the normal path of birth and death. During Buddha era, there is no findings of caesarian birth. In any case he was born in a forest and his mother may have lost her life because of loss of blood which reflects upon lack.of proper medical care.

However, my belief in the goodness of Buddha greatness is unshakable. My life at my present place took root only with the blessings of one Buddha statue. A man came three times to sell the same Tempa Ku. We were in no position to make such a purchase but 3 times in one year was too much of a fate of coincidence.

2. I cannot believe Guru Pema Juney was born from a lotus. Could an erring Prince had his offspring from a lady left on a lake like baby Moses among the reeds of River Nile to be found by a royal house and cared for?

However, my belief in the powers of Guru and eight manifestations is unshakable. From an early age of my adulthood when I was able to  stand on my own feet economically, I had an extremely talented scholar paint the Guru Tsengye on one side of the wall in the alter room of our traditional home in Haa. Then I repeated that when I was able to build my present  family home.

3. I do not belive that Joseph was not the father of Jesus Christ. But I do not doubt that God chose to have that offspring of holy Mary and holy Joseph to be His Son on earth. I base my reasoning on the fact that Pope of Rome treats marriage between man and woman not just a very  serious commitment  but also very sacred union. King Henry the VIII of England  broke rank with Rome because the Pope would not recognise his divorce.  If divorce is almost treated like a blasphmey how wrong would it be to be falsely married? If only christians believe that married man and woman do have sexual intercourse and that mothers can be virgin in  pureness of mind but not virgin physically,  maybe the Catholic Priests would not have assulted so many choir boys.

I also do not believe in the resurrection. A Son of God would ofcourse be able to rise from dead. But why die in the first place? If Roman soldiers had failed to take his life after nailing him on the cross, that itself would have proved that he was no ordinary human being. And Christian faith would not be reaching an eroding phase now in the belief that it will resurrect at another time. 

Lord Buddha, Guru Padma and Jesus Chirst had to be extraordinarily great Teachers. But we human beings may have been responsible for the added on colours about their lives. Humans love blowing almost  everything out of proportion.

1 comment:

  1. You seems to be christian that never believe on other religious. In Buddhism there are four types of birth. 1. Birth from egg. 2. Birth from Mother's womb.3. Birth from heat/temperature. 4. Birth from miracle/ extraordinary.

    ReplyDelete